Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Music | Frank Turner

I'd like to start off by making it very clear to everyone that I know very little about music. I can't play the guitar, piano or even that triangle thing - but I can rock the bongos like its nobodies business. Keeping that in mind, I do like to think I have a dynamic taste in music so if you've never heard any of Frank Turners stuff - stop reading now and watch this.


Born in December of 1981, Turner's been from band (Kneejerk) to band (Million Dead) and then to his solo career circa 2005. His latest album "Tape Deck Heart" includes a variation of up-beat, fun, catchy tunes like "Recovery" to the slower, have-you-singing-and-butchering-it-in-your-car kind like "The Way I Tend To Be". 


Even if you may not be the biggest fan of the punk-folk genre, this guy is on the list of people you must check out. At the very least I challenge you to watch the YouTube videos and try not to fantasize about him ( something about him reminds me of Gerard Butler). If you're able to do it, I'd love to hear from you.





- Lyss



No comments:

Post a Comment