Sunday, January 26, 2014

Quick & Easy Bruschetta

Growing up bruschetta was one of my favourite foods. We'd always order it when dining out or just make it at home for a snack. Granted then I used to make it after school using the jarred Classico stuff but I really prefer to make it from scratch...




I got this Ninja blender for Christmas which is perfect for making bruschetta, salsa, hummus and the like. As long as your ingredients are overly huge you can just throw them in and it will chop them perfectly in as little as 2-3 pulses.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
  • 1 handfull of Olives
  • 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
  • 1 tsp of Pesto
  • 1 minced Garlic Clove
  • 1/4 of a large Red Onion
  • Pinch of Salt & Pepper
  • 1 tsp of Red Wine Vinegar 


I like to drizzle a bit of olive oil on the bread before I put on the bruschetta to make it a bit more moist. Once you've chopped up the bruschetta you can put it on the bread and serve it either cold or in the oven.

For this I had pre-heated the oven to 350 F and put thin slices of Gouda on top leaving them in only for about 4 minutes.

The best thing about making bruschetta is that it's pretty flexible. I really liked the addition of Red Wine Vinegar but anything with a bit of tang in it would work as a substitute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment