Friday, January 31, 2014

Fig & Goat Cheese Salad

Desperately in need of some healthy alternatives to yesterday's meals...

Behold - the Fig & Goat Cheese Salad (avec Walnuts)



I ate a lot of food yesterday. Now before you go assuming that I'm over exaggerating let me enlighten you. I had a quarter pounder combo from Wendy's (for lunch), an original burger combo from Harvey's (dinner) and in between the huge burgers, onion rings, fries and coke's I also managed to stuff my face with oatmeal, candy and chips.

Let's be clear that I don't do that on a regular basis, but yesterday involved a lot of running around and not much time to make 'good eats'. So today I stopped and picked up nearly every fruit and vegetable I could get my hands on in the grocery store so that I could avoid the shame and terribly upset stomach I encountered yesterday.



Ingredients:

2 Dried Figs
Spinach
1 tbsp crumbled Goat Cheese
1 small handful of walnuts
2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar 
Salt & Pepper to taste

I think next time I would switch out the balsamic vinegar for red wine vinaigrette but this was still pretty tasty. Feta would also work as a nice substitute if you're not a goat cheese person. If you're fortunate enough to have the luxury of buying fresh figs you could cut them in halves or quarters and throw that in instead. 

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment