Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What I Get Up To...

It's been a little while since my last post and a lot of things have happened since then. For one, I reconnected with one of my old high-school best friends, Lisa and it's been really great catching up and hanging out. It's always nice to have those friends who have been with you since you were knee-high to a grasshopper (Lisa and I met in public school). We went for dinner at one of her favourite spots in Peterborough The Favourite Greek. I hadn't been there before but I absolutely loved it! Save for the grape leaf wrapped rice, the food was fantastic.


The Saganaki was my favourite part. It's Kefalotiri cheese flambéed with brandy.


My brief break that I had from school was filled with a lot of extra hours at work, sketching and drinking wine.



The weather had been so nice the last week (with the exception of some rain here and there) but it's hard to resist a great class of wine on a gorgeous day. This Gewürztraminer is one of my favourites. According to the LCBO, it's infused with Lychee fruit and pairs great with Asian food or stir-fry. 

And as I mentioned, it has been raining a little bit here in Peterborough but I was able to enjoy an afternoon on the deck with my good friend Kristen. 

For Mother's Day I headed back home to spend time with my family. Despite the mosquitos it was great to have some time with my sister, who I rarely get to see these days with our severely conflicting schedules. 
We decided to take Arnie for a walk (and by we I mean Ashley because I only held the leash for the purpose of taking this spectacular shot). 

Of course my last few weeks wouldn't be complete without a few selfies so here we go...
"I love a touch of gangster in my wardrobe" - Victoria Baker, MIC. Also I just loved this toque. Glad I got to wear it once before it turned into 30 degree weather.
And just today I watched a make-up tutorial from the lovely Tanya Burr for Purple Arabian make-up and as per her suggestions, used the black and white filter. I must say, she was correct and it makes your eyes look pretty insane. Also, incase you didn't notice, frizzy, unwashed top-knots are totally in (says I). 

 Enjoy the rest of your week world! xoxo
- Lyss


No comments:

Post a Comment