Thursday, October 17, 2013

Healthy Living | Red Wine Salt & Vinegar Cucumbers

I've been meaning to post my motivation speech on healthy living to help evoke some inspiration within me and maybe inspire a few of you as well. I was really successful in leading a healthy lifestyle over the course of the 2012-2013 year but the last 6 months have proven really difficult for me. I could blame it on going back to school, work or my less than actually hectic schedule but the truth is I've become lazy. I used to run daily and if I wasn't out running I was at the gym and I really want to get back into that lifestyle again. Not only did it make me feel better about myself but it made my senses feel more awakened and cured my chronic migraine issues.



After I went grocery shopping tonight I picked up a bottle of red wine vinegar and a couple cucumbers in an effort to evoke some inspiration with me and maybe encourage a few of you as well. I have a palate that leans more towards bitter and salty foods so this was perfect for me. I used to have a friend in Elementary School whose mom would pack him cucumbers in a container doused with salt and vinegar. I always thought it was strange but that never stopped me from eating them. 

Here is my more adult version of Salt & Vinegar Cucumbers:

Step 1:  Grab a Cucumber
Step 2:  Grab some vinegar (I like the red wine kind but any will do) & add Sea Salt if desired
Step 3:  Eat them.

Hope you enjoy!




Have any other healthy recipes? Share them below :)
-Lyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment