Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Breakfast for Two

I love getting up early in the mornings and sipping a cuppa before starting the day. Unfortunately, my mornings haven't seemed to play out that way in a very long time. Mostly they consist of rolling out of bed an hour before I have to be somewhere leaving me just enough time to shower and get ready to leave, never mind making breakfast....


I had the day off and have been dying to try this recipe that I found on The Londoner. I love Rose's blog for so many reasons, but mostly because the recipes are so unique and I love experimenting (much to the dismay of my boyfriend). I made some minor changes to the recipe to work with what I had in the kitchen.


I didn't have an actual skillet so I improvised and grabbed a pie dish that i've used more for buffalo chicken dip than pie. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever made a pie in it at all. It was one of those products I was swindled into purchasing from a Pampered Chef catalogue thinking I'd never actually use, but as it turns out - it's a damn good dip warmer.



For this recipe you'll need:

2 large eggs

1/2 Can of diced tomatoes

1 Handfull of grape tomatoes

1/4 cup of sausage or bacon

1/8 tsp salt & pepper

1 tbsp olive oil

1 small hand full of chopped cilantro

1 clove of garlic - crushed

Feta Cheese as desired

Sourdough bread or a baguette



Preheat oven to 400 F.

Start off by combining your diced tomatoes, grape tomatoes, olive oil, salt & pepper and garlic into a frying pan. Stir together and bring to a simmer on medium heat.

While that simmers, cook up your bacon or sausage. I did this in a separate frying pan but you can add it right to your tomato mix and let it cook a bit longer.

After combining your meat with the tomato mixture, add in half of your cilantro and and feta cheese and stir it around and let simmer for 2 minutes.

Remove the mixture from the frying pan and pour into a skillet (pie plate). Add the 2 eggs onto the top of the mixture and pop the whole thing in the oven for 10-15 minutes (or until your egg whites start to turn).

When done, remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes and cut up your bread chunks or baguette slices.

Bon appétit!


No comments:

Post a Comment