Saturday, February 22, 2014

Greek Pasta Salad

One of the easiest recipes out there...

I remember the first time I ever had greek pasta which is a strange thing to remember but it just happened to be during my first ever job and those things stick with you. I was hired as a 'deli girl' at a local grocery store and one of the biggest sellers was always the greek pasta. It also happened to be one of the most expensive items in the counter.

Ryan had been hinting at this for the last few weeks ever since he saw one of our friends post a picture of her dinner on Facebook.

I figured I should try to make him something he really wanted because I am always coming up with my own concoctions that never really appeal to him.

Here's what you'll need:

1 1/2 cup dried Fusilli pasta

Half of a small cucumber cut into quarters

1 handfull of black olives - thinly sliced

1 handfull of diced cherry tomatoes

1/4 of a red pepper - thinly sliced

1 Tsp of dried oregano

2 cloves of garlic - minced

1/2 Tsp of salt

1/2 Tsp of pepper

1/4 cup of olive oil

1/4 cup of red wine vinegar 

1 large handfull of crumbled feta 


Start off by throwing your pasta into a pot of water with some salt. According to Ryan, the salt actually adds flavour to boiling water but my grandmother always told me it helps it boil faster. Whichever you choose to go with I'm sure you don't need me to tell you how to cook pasta.

Once the pasta is cook run it under cold water for a few moments to remove starch and help it cool faster. Let it strain for a while to make sure there isn't any excess water..

Throw all of your other ingredients into the mix and stir it up a little. 

Voila! - You're done. Easy right?


No comments:

Post a Comment