Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Collection 2000 | Lasting Colour Gel Eyeliner

I bought this eyeliner pot when I was visiting in the U.K and I've been using it ever since I got back (sometime around May). That is pretty good when you factor in the small size of the pot, which I photographed on a magazine just for comparison. There are obviously going to be pro's and con's to every product but I'm still trying to decide if I like this one or not. Lately my eyes have been feeling dry, tired and sensitive (Insert Visine Commercial Here), but I feel like it might be a result of my eye makeup (coupled with my apparent lack of ambition to remove it before bed). However, this eyeliner has staying power to say the least and even with a good eye makeup remover - it took some elbow grease to get off.

I've always purchased black or grey eyeliners so going for the brown pot was a little out of my element at first. I didn't think that there would be a huge difference between black and brown in terms of makeup, but I definitely noticed it and the change was nice as it seemed to have a softer ambiance around my lids. 





Here are some of the Pros:

  • Easy and seamless application (I did find adding a drop of water to the brush helped it spread)
  • Long lasting
  • Quick drying
  • A lot of bang for your buck (I think I spend 4 pounds on this if my memory serves me correctly, which would be roughly $6-$7 CDN)

And now for the Cons:

  • Well weighted, which made it feel heavy
  • Difficult to remove
  • Can end up looking chunky if you don't apply water to the brush

This isn't all that bad as far as gel eyeliners go, but I'm a pencil kind of gal and always have been, so my opinion is slightly biased. I could take or leave this product and I may speak for myself but considering the amount of money us woman spend on makeup - I want a product to have that WOW factor to get my buy-in. But for those of you who do enjoy gel eyeliners, give it a try because the application is one of the best I've experienced. 





-Lyss

No comments:

Post a Comment