Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Puppies, Parties and Food


Ah, the cuteness...Lots of stuff to read here today...


It's been a while since I've last posted anything and I've come to realize that most of my lasts updates have been about food or recipes. It was time to change it up and because I've been so busy with school and work,  I have a conglomeration of photos from the last little while to share. As you can see I've changed my hair back to brunette (I am naturally a strawberry-blonde) but I much prefer the darker side of life. 

I also managed to spend some time at my parents over the last couple weeks and snapped a few photos of the pups. Arnie (to the left) is my baby. I miss the little guy so much but he's better off at my parents since we don't have a backyard for him to frolic around in. He also has Bella (my sister's Chihuahua in the middle) to play with so it keeps him in good company. Finally, I meet this little doll named Abbey that Kristen and her boyfriend just got from a breeder. She's extremely rambunctious at the moment but so adorably, and wonderfully cute.



St. Patrick's day (and by day I mean weekend) was filled with a couple of get togethers. I first stopped after work at a friends place for a few drinks and got to catch up with Mike. I also got pretty acquainted with the household cat which was loads of fun. I should mention that I am allergic to cats in the sense that my eyes swell up and get very itchy and I start sneezing uncontrollably. But nevertheless I love animals so I couldn't resist holding him.

If you're wondering what that aqua blue coloured drink is up there, I'm not really sure. When Ryan and I had a few friends over I decided to mix some things to get a green St. Patrick's day themed drink. It looks blue here but it was more green in person. Essentially I just mixed vodka, orange juice and blue curaƧao, which I had left over from our weekend adventure in Barrie for Kristen's birthday. And the tall glass of one is one of my favourites from Ashburnham Ale House. It's located in East City where I happen to work so it's a nice spot to go for lunch or dinner after a long day. 
The last couple weeks I've really focussed my attention on living a healthier lifestyle. Although I wasn't overweight I was not in the best shape that I could be in. A few years ago I dedicated and entire year to the gym and eating healthy which put me down 30 lbs (at that point I was a little overweight). I had also never felt better than I did at that time in my life and I wanted to get back into that lifestyle. So far I'm down 2lbs from where I was and eating extremely better as well. I took to the Bulk Barn to grab a couple of healthy snacks (Hemp Granola, Quinoa, Dark Choc. Covered Almonds, Yogurt Covered Peanuts and Sweet Potato Crisps). The best purchase from that trip however was this amazing Peach tea. I've become slightly obsessed with it and have gone through almost half the pack already.

All of that being said, I will have a wealth of healthy recipes and fitness posts coming your way!

- Lyss




No comments:

Post a Comment