Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Healthy Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

As I mentioned in my last post I've been on somewhat of a health kick lately. I made these the other day and they are a much healthier alternative to the traditional pancake.


I basically substituted everything except for a little bit of granulated sugar.

To make 2 pancakes you will need:

1/2 cup Whole Wheat flower
1 Tbsp Sugar
4 Tbsp Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1 Tsp Vanilla extract
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 Tbsp Almond Milk
1 Egg white
1 Tsp Honey
* Optional Hemp granola and light syrup for topping

I mixed everything together and since I didn't actually have real apples on hand I just through on some hemp granola for the topping. These could also be made with bananas to substitute for some of the flower.

I like mine a bit on the chewy side but if you prefer something a bit lighter you can add more almond milk to the mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment