Friday, April 18, 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Review

The last while I haven't been bothered to wear a lot of balms or lipstick but decided it was time to change that with the recent gorgeous spring weather. It's the perfect time to change up your look a little bit and add some colour.

I'll be honest, when it comes to lip colour I tend to air on the side of caution and stick to light pinks or red. Purples, oranges, fluorescent pinks and other psychedelic colours freak me out a little bit. This time though I was on a mission - to buy something peachy or orange. I watched one of Zoella's recent vlogs in which she is wearing this exact colour and I thought it was so pretty (although nothing really looks bad on her at all).


This colour is 235 Mischievous and it looks a lot more orange than it actually turns out, I guess depending on your natural skin tone as well. 

It took me a bit to figure out that you can roll up the balm using the silver knob on the bottom (yes, I know) but it doesn't really roll up all that much so I can see this running out rather quickly.




The texture is extremely soothing and soft with a quick and easy application. Although this is one you really have to use a lip scrub before putting it on or you run the risk of it clumping and drying out.

It's really hard to get an accurate idea of how this colour looks in person through pictures so there are a couple snaps in various lighting to give you a better idea. Overall it's a really nice product and when I get around to it, I am certainly going to be purchasing some of the other colours. Maybe even purple. We shall see.





No comments:

Post a Comment