Sunday, August 25, 2013

Beauty | Rimmel's Lasting Finish by Kate Moss

Good evening (or morning depending on where about you are in the world). I've mentioned in a previous post about my current love affair with lipstick and lip butters. Following suit, I thought I'd give you all my thoughts on Rimmel's Lasting Finish in shade 01 by none other than Kate Moss.

I graduated 4 years ago with a diploma in Advertising & Marketing Communications and as much as I should know to proceed with caution on what I will call "pretty little things", I have to admit, I am still a sucker for a really well packaged product. Albeit, this product is not elaborate whatsoever in it's packaging but it's simplicity and elegance makes it appear as something you'd want to classify as timeless. When we think about our purchases that extend beyond the necessities, we thrive on the thought of them defining us. A product with timeless and elegant features is not just targeted to those who see themselves as such, but also to those who aspire to be.


 


As far as this particular lipstick goes it's one of the better ones I've used. I try to avoid using red lipstick more than a couple times a month - if that. It's one of those things that the "less is more" rule applies to. Not only that, but it takes a lot of finessing to get red to stay on and not get it all over your face and teeth. 

Lasting Finish? This proves accurate. When you blot this, it looks like a scene from Dexter, but the colour doesn't actually fade that much. If you're anything like me then you've probably found yourself putting on red lipstick with great intentions, and then realized you don't actually feel that ballsy so you try to rub it all off and desperately back pedal your bad life choice for the day. You almost need paint thinner to get this stuff off. I mean, its not quite that bad, if you work at it, eventually you'll get it, but its hard to tell when the lipstick is off or your lips are just raw from scrubbing them.





Overall it's worth the money, and to make it that much better, it actually has a nice berry scent to it. I find a lot of lipstick can smell like the chemicals used in it, which never used to really affect my decision to use it or not, but after using this one it will moving forward, play a big role in my decision to purchase a product or not.


- Lyss


No comments:

Post a Comment