Sunday, August 25, 2013

Fall Fashion: The Perfect Parka

With Fall just around the corner I've been pro-actively seeking my next jacket purchase. Every year, I buy new outerwear items but I have to admit, recent years have proven unsuccessful with buttons, stitching and spontaneous purchases failing me. In any case, I've ended up wearing my black winter jacket that I used while working for our local radio stations for the last four Winters. 

Sadly, I can no longer continue to don this much loved item as I've pretty well exhausted it's durability and the fluff on the inside is coming out of the seams. This makes me sound a lot less fortunate than I actually am, but I've really just been dealing with some separation anxiety when trying to get rid of it. This leads me to Parkas. I've been searching around in-store and online at various shops to find an exact replica of what I see in my minds eye and I've found quite a few. From ASOS to Canada Goose, the price structure varies but here are some of my favourite styles for this season.




 ASOS Fur Hooded Detachable Lined Parka

Price: $133.75
Available: Online at us.asos.com

In my personal opinion, U.K fashion is far more advanced than American and Canadian designs. ASOS, and us.asos.com is the primary online outlet for Primark and North American bound shipping. For $133 it's hard to beat this price considering your average winter coat of any decent quality is upwards of $200 here in Canada. This is going to be this fall's purchase. To be frank, I've never actually owned any jacket that came equipped with a fur hood before. In fact, I used to detest this look when I was younger. Now, theres something so appealing and comforting about this that I love. It’s casual meets functional and I'm really feeling the neutral colour scheme lately.








ASOS Knitted Hood Parka With PU Trim

Price: $133.75
Available: Online at us.asos.com

Another cozy piece available from the ASOS Collection is this Knitted Hood Parka. Available in Khaki and retailing for slightly over $100 Canadian dollars, this is a great option for anyone looking for a warm and fitted look. Featuring a cable knitted hood with fleece lining and draw strings, deep pockets and draw string at waist, it's super versatile and a great alternative for those not seeking a fur trimmed hood. 




Canada Goose: The Montebello Parka 

Price: Upwards of $400
Available: Authorized Resellers only

The Mack Daddy, Big Cheese and Head Honcho of Parkaland - the Canada Goose brand. The Montebello has been my most coveted item for the last couple years. I had an opportunity to try on this exact one while visiting family out in New Brunswick and it's comfort and warmth is dubious.This hip length, fitted parka will bombard you with utility pocket after utility pocket, making it's functionality nearly unbeatable. Rightfully so, since Canada Goose markets these jackets as the be-all and end-all of "rugged luxury" which is yours for the taking if you're willing to shell out the cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment