Saturday, August 17, 2013

Stick To 3 Colours

On a less serious note from yesterdays post, I want to start sharing some of my go-to outfits for a simpler means of fashion. Referring back to the "minimalist" approach, I'm constantly looking for simple pieces that tie in nicely with one another and dressed up with a few statement pieces. Since my office does not have a strict business dress code, I normally opt for a more business-casual look. Something that says I put in some effort to look nice, but not too much effort. There is a fine line between trying, and trying too hard, which I have definitely fell victim too on more than one occasion.


This first outfit is one of my favourites. Black and gold work so well together in a nearly effortless classic look. The best part about black is that it goes well with almost any colour, and I love the coral tee with the black and gold. I would have to say anything more than 3 colours in one outfit might be a little too much for my personal taste, so I try to keep it near that range. 

Rummaging through my closet, I noticed that the majority of my clothes are black. It's certainly an easy colour to work with but also incredibly slimming. WARNING: Be mindful of the amount of black you are wearing in one outfit, especially for you ladies who have dark hair and fair skin like myself. You could find yourself slowly morphing into Morticia Addams (Exhibit A).

Exhibit A

More to come soon!

- Lyss


No comments:

Post a Comment